When we last left our Atlanta Adventurers (Pup, Ninja Kitty, Coco and MeMe), they had just eaten a fantastic meal at The Porter and set off for the Georgia Aquarium. A few fun facts about the Georgia Aquarium before we continue with our story: It's the world's largest aquarium; its tanks hold more than 8.1 million gallons of marine and fresh water; and it is the home to more than 100,000 animals of 500 different species. UNBELIEVABLE! Now let me give you the top ten reasons why Ninja Kitty loves the Georgia Aquarium:
10. It's pretty.
9. You can touch things...like baby sharks, sting rays and anemonaenenane.
8. They have some pretty cool merchandise like stuffed toy jellyfish made with scrunchies.
7. Their merchandise also includes an extensive line of otter toys of various sizes and cuteness.
6. It's MASSIVE! Therefore leading to a great amount of exercise for the day.
5. The jellyfish tank will put you in a relaxing trance.
4. Questionable-looking cartoon characters walk around looking questionable.
3. They have otters (Small Asian Clawed Otters to be exact).
2. They have one of the most exhilarating rides in the world...the people mover in the tank tunnel clocking at a whopping 1 mph.
1. Did I mention the otters do tricks?
So there you have it! And now back to our tale...
As you know, we were off to the Georgia Aquarium to see all of its glory. I was excited, Coco was excited, Pup was excited and MeMe wanted to go to The World of Coke. But I had been building this up to Pup so the experience had to knock his socks off. I was determined to make sure he saw, smelled and touched everything he could! And this is what happened.
The fish that greeted us at the entrance
Coco is sooo excited for the touch pool
Lord knows MeMe was excited to touch some creatures!
Coco "testing the waters," if you will
Mames demonstrating the two finger touch ("Solo dos!")
Coco touched a shark...she was happy
Pup being birthed from the vagina slide
Pup playing with other kids...that fat one was a bully
The aquarium even had a river cooter! Imagine that!
MeMe looking bored...the river cooter didn't interest her
Creepy piranhas that sat still in the water
We turned around a corner and look what we found!
Little bebe otters performing for their food
Doesn't it look like they're part of a bebe otter a capella group? No? Just me?
I then began to feel sad for leaving Bartholomew Cubbins at the house
But we found new friends to play with to take Bartholomew Cubbins' place (but only for a few fleeting moments)
Pup wouldn't let me get monster truck sized Bartholomew Cubbins because he was "too big"
Same old, same old--MeMe gets attacked by a toy manta ray...you can't take her anywhere
It seems like MeMe may have found a new friend
Coco refused to take a picture with the very nice breakdancing shark
By the anemonaeneanne touch pool. I was told they were very squishy.
The biggest crabs I've seen in my life!
Some fun little sea dragons swimming around
Upon seeing this tank, I was reminded of the song "Baby Beluga"
In this picture, you can see the wind from the tunnel blowing into Pup's face
Pup's amazed by the monster manta rays hovering above
I believe the woman in the front is scared for her life...yes, the people mover was just that ridiculous
Bunches of jellyfish all bunched together
Coco taking one of 1000 jellyfish pictures
The prettiest jellyfish there ever was
Pup teaching Coco about the makeup of a jellyfish
The largest tank in the WORLD! Please note the humongous whale shark swimming around like he owns the place
I figured out that the Georgia Aquarium is quite clever. The reason why you ask? They put the exit in the gift store! So parents are forced to cart their little bebes through the store and are basically strong armed into buying their kids one of these fine toys...
MeMe and the fish they call "Deepo" which suspiciously sounds a lot like "Nemo"
The otter merchandise extravaganza began with the Harry Otter shirts
Coco and Bartholomew's cousin Frank harmonizing to "You're a Grand Old Flag"
Oh look! MeMe found an otter of her own!
MeMe doing what she does best--freaking out Coco
I wasn't really sure what child would have a name like "Haul Booty"
The Georgia Aquarium was such a memorable place but I think the image I'll cherish most is the one of this woman smelling her fingers after petting some kind of sea creature. Ahhh...memories.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.